The cause of this Screen Overlay Detected Error : This message appears when you have a floating app running on your device, and you run a newly installed app which requests access rights on it.
Floating apps causing this trouble are: The chat heads of Facebook Messenger, CleanMaster, Lux, and Twilight are the apps which bring you the ‘ screen overlay detected‘ trouble
Step 1- First, you will have to know which apps in your smartphone have the permission to draw over your screen. To know this, you need to follow the steps listed below.
1. Go to the Settings of your smartphone.
2. Here, go to ‘ Apps ‘ and then, select ‘ Draw over other apps .’
You will get the list of all the apps which are allowed to draw over other apps on your smartphone.
Step 2- Now that you have the list of all the apps which might be causing this trouble, you have to find the one which is actually creating this problem. To identify this so, we have some points which might help you in it.
1. If you find app bubble in the list of the apps, it is highly recommended to disable this app.
2. If you have apps which change the color of your screen or to adjust the brightness of your screen, disable such apps too.
3. Clean Master is an app which is mostly responsible for this message to appear.
4. If the problem is still not solved, disable all the apps from the list.
Step 3– Now, when you launch an app, it must launch without any ‘Display overlay detected’ error message. If you still find the message displayed, it might be due to the one hand keyboard setting which you can deactivate from the Settings. Go to Settings >> Advanced Features >> One-handed operation. If you still didn’t get rid of the annoying error, then you still have a shot left.
Step 4– The only option that is left now is to turn off every app which has the permission to draw over your screen and then turn it on only for the apps which you actually use.
This is all you can do to fix the ‘screen overlay detected ‘ error message in your smartphone. If you still encounter this error, then you have to wait until Google makes the required changes in its system to prevent app overlays from interfering with permission dialogues.